Monday, March 8, 2010

Attitude

Attitude plays an important role in accomplishing a group task because it is influence. If a leader has a good attitude than they will influence others to have a good attitude. Attitudes are contagious like smiles. If a person smiles at you, then you will smile back, so if a person has a positive attitude towards you, you will reflect that attitude back. This is important in achieving a task with others because teamwork is at its best when everyone in the group can possess the same attitude, which is a good attitude.

Sunny Wenger is a wonderful and all around influential person; she was an excellent teacher to have for gateway. Although she always had a positive attitude in class everyday, I can remember a time when she influenced me to go to the Big Red Rally, which was the first pep assembly for OU football. I was curious to go, but I am not one to go places by myself, and I was thinking it would probably be easier to leave early for the weekend instead of waiting in traffic after the Rally was over. But Sunny asked if I wanted to join her and her family and that she also invited other students to go. Her positive attitude made me feel welcome and wanted; she also implied how much fun we would have at the Rally and with meeting new people. Her positive attitude gave me a positive attitude and so I decided to go. My friend Kassandra also went with us and I did have a good time all thanks to her positive influence.

The statement "Our Attitudes are Our Most Important Assets" is so very true. The ability to be positive and kind and optimistic about new ideas and change is something not everyone has, but it is an ability everyone can have. People may see others for their looks or their money, but the most important thing people can see is one's attitude; if someone doesn't like the way you act or behave based on your attitude then they will choose to not be friends you. Attitude allows for connection and relationship; if you can influence positivity than you will get positivity in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment