Sunday, February 14, 2010

Priorities

My priorities before coming to OU in high school were to make straight A's in all my classes and to graduate a valedictorian. I also had a job and it was a priority to maintain my status there. Being president of National Honor Society also was a strong priority in my high school life. Some of my High Importance and High Urgency priorities were homework that was due the following day or studying for Finals at the end of the semester. Some of my High Importance but Low Urgency priorities were applying for colleges and scholarships to those colleges along with filling out a FAFSA form. Some of my Low Importance but High Urgency priorities were getting gas in my tank, doing laundry, and taking care of pets. All of these can be important at the last minute, but they are not usually on the top of the list. Finally, some of my Low importance and Low Urgency priorities would be cooking or organizing, reading or seeing a movie.

My priorities now are getting an education in order to get a career and working. My high importance and high urgency priorities are getting homework done on time for each of my courses and learning the material in time for finals. My high importance but low urgency priorities are applying for scholarships and the FAFSA in order to have some of my school finances paid for next year. My low importance but high urgency priorities are still getting gas in my tank or having my car fixed or doing laundry. My low importance and low urgency priorities are cooking, organizing, reading, seeing a movie, or taking care of pets.

My priorities are mostly the same since high school, the only big change I see are my career goals versus my graduation goals in high school, and also taking care of pets are not a priority for me since I don't live at home as much. It is important to get things done in order of priority which to me goes along with time management. I feel I am still learning and growing with the college life and managing time, but I think I am doing well with my priorities.

2 comments:

  1. way to go on use of high/low urgency & importance! so glad our class discussion creeped into your thoughts!

    you are such a talented gal! I'm so glad you are in our class. kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm glad I am in there too.

    ReplyDelete